Here's the link to the updated CNet review of the Panasonic BD-50:
CNet Panasonic DP-BD50 Review

I was really looking forward to this player as I could connect it to the 5.1 inputs on my 1070 but I really have to wonder if it's worth the $700 asking price. With no SACD or DVD-A support I'd have to sacrifice that current use of my 1070 (I was hoping for at least one of the formats to be supported). I also wonder how long it will be before I have another HDMI device streaming one of the HD formats MPCM / DTS HD MA / DD+ . Surely, the HD satellite boxes will eventualy support one of these not to mention PC audio/video cards. At that point there'll be no choice but to upgrade to an HDMI-capable receiver/processor.

Outside of the 5.1 analog HD audio support I don't see much going for the BD50 (for my personal use). And I've talked myself into that being a short-term benefit as well.

Hmmm...suddenly the PS3 is looking more and more attractive as an option. I could live with the DTS core until my next receiver upgrade...it would be nice to get a list of some of the features for the upcoming 1070/970 replacement so I don't get too anxious and jump ship wink

-John