Gonk or anyone,
I was considering the pioneer DV 410V-K 1080p Upconvert dvd player. This player is on sale this week at Best Buys' for $99.00 with no tax.
Compared to Oppos' product which I respect what is your opinion between the two.

I want to replace my faithful Toshiba a standard 5disc player with a player that can upconvert to 1080p.
However I do intend buy a Blu-Ray player which I know can handle the job of upconverting standard dvd's. I also have a Sony 777 disc player that I intend to hold on to.
Is it a waste of money for an upconvert player since I eventually intend to buy a blu-ray player? Should I just keep the Toshiba...I was going to give it to my daugther.
My Toshiba is six maybe eight years old. I bought it for $99.00 at Costco. Well worth the money and it doesn't owe me a penny.
My interest still lies with the Panasonic BD50 but I do not know if I will jump right in until I see what Sony intends to do. What is your opinon of Sony's upcoming next generation blu-ray players?

Thanks for a reality check when it comes to electronics and the caveats that automaticlly come with them.

Lizard King...PS3 does not work for me because I am not into gaming. I know that may sound crazy because there are some really great and entertaining games on the market but for now I am a big time MOVIE buff as well as MUSIC addict.

Thanks
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server