Tru Blu has it right!

I work hard for my money and I always do a reasonable amount of research on a product before I purchase it. Forums like this one are one way to do that research and get advice before plunking down some cash. But many folks are intimidated by forums or don't want to take the time to wade through long threads and piece together a recommendation.

Like many here I get questions from folks about AV/HT gear. Its funny, but most want confirmation what the've seen/heard at a brick and mortar store is OK. For example, I've given up telling people that comparing flat screen TV's at BB's "Wall of TVs" is a waste of time. I try to steer folks to reputable sites such as CNET to research their purchases. While an audio or videophile might challenge CNET's conclusions, for the most part highly rated items will meet expectations and people will be satisfied with their purchase.

Now I'll get off my soap box...