OK, I have got to add my $.02 to this discussion.

I love Sonus Faber speakers! Hands down the best quality speakers you can buy for the price that you pay for them. Not only do these speakers sound incredible they are absolutely beautiful to look at as well. I will admit these are not inexpensive speakers but you just can't get anything that sounds so good for the money as you can from SF.

What I recommend is looking for a good set of used speakers. My Electa's are nearly 20 years old and sound and look unbelievable! You can find them occasionaly on Ebay or Audiogon for around $1500. You can also find a set of SF Grand Piano speakers for around $1500 to $2000 as well. The GP's are a floor standing while the Electa's are monitors. SF also makes surrounds and center channels that are great as well.

I have a complete 5 channel SF setup and I love it. I have the 990/7500 combo and it really drives those speakers quite well. I have people come and listen to my setup and can't believe how good it sounds consider I have only about $10K in my entire Home Theater setup. I have been to peoples houses who had more than $10K in their front speakers alone and my system blows them away by their own admission!

Sonus Faber, Baby you can't go wrong!

BTW, I just looked on eBay there is a great set of Electa Amotor II's on sale right now, check out this auction,
Sonus Faber Electa Armator II\'s on eBay
Emotiva XMC-1, Outlaw 7500, Sonus Faber Olympica III Fronts, SF Liuto Center, SF Surrounds, LFM-1 EX, Oppo BDP-103D, Apple TV (Gen. 4), Mitsubishi 65" Diamond DLP, Outlaw Cables, PS Audio Power Quintet, Duet and power cords.