I upgraded my TV to a Panasonic TC-P50TC60, which has a built-in tuner and I finally ditched my aging LG set-top digital tv tuner. When I was using the LG, I was able to connect it through my Outlaw 975 more or less like my DVD player, with a single HMDI from the 975 to the TV. Now that my antenna brings audio and video directly to the TV, I used the HDMI/ ARC connection on the TV and 975 which brings TV audio back to the 975. All is good when watching TV, as audio is controlled by 975, have surround sound, etc. I had to change a setting on 975 setup menu to turn 'on' the HDMI/ARC setting.

However, now my DVD player (simply connected from player to 975 via HDMI) does not transmit audio when playing a DVD. When I turn the 975's setting for its HDMI/ARC back to "off" then the DVD audio seems to work. I have no idea why this is the case. I tried to use a digital coax as an alternative way to get audio from the DVD player to the 975, which seemed to work but when watching TV it would play audio then turn off, seemingly unstable (maybe the 975 was confused by the digital coax?

Anyway, I am disappointed and frankly am fed up w/ not being able to solve this issue w/ using my tv antenna while using my 975 to control everything.
Panasonic TC P50ST60 plasma TV
Oppo BD-103 blu ray
LG-LST3510 OTA STB
Channel Master CM-4221 HD UFH antenna
Monster HTS 2600 mk.II power management

Audio Only Side:
McCormack RLD-1 Preamp (has theater pass-thru)
Onkyo CD Player LX-7555
Thorens TD 320 MkII

Speakers:
Vandersteen 1C, VCC, 2Wq
Cambridge Soundworks surrounds