For the record I am also generally optimistic about the new processor but I was also in the same frame of mind for the 3 that were cancelled. FWIW, I am not in the market for a new processor as I don't think Atmos or DTS-x will be the game changer advertised. I didn't buy into 3D either. I built my theater room with the ability to adopt one of the object oriented codecs if they become mainstream enough. I believe PeterT probably has the necessary smarts to get this thing to market but WHEN? Another Xmas season is going by with all the attendant "Black" days and still nothing. At the very least they should throw us a bone for planning purposes. I really believe the decision to have DTS-x is likely delaying release. The big boys saw fit to make their processors firmware upgradable for DTS-X vice hardcoding it in. When it was first announced it was a big deal to have both products included. That really made it unique and worth what would likely be a bigger pricetag. But now the market has adjusted and even lightweight processors are including both for around $600. If it had come out on time at the end of the second quarter of this year it would have made a splash but now I am afraid it is likely to be just another piece of gear that is catering to a very small amount of source material. For me I will stick with my 990 for music and my Onkyo for movies.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner