Originally Posted By: XenonMan
In this case I believe No News is Bad News. There are so many high quality processors and receivers available that Outlaw is losing possible customers as they go forward with their SOTA processor. By the time it comes out it may very well be overpriced for what most of us wanted to start with.

I don't generally consider myself a particularly "optimistic" sort of consumer but I do believe that Mr. Tribeman has enough experience with product development and marketing to not have made the announcement about the forthcoming high-end processor if he had not overcome all the hurdles that have resulted in the abort of similar efforts over the past few years.

That leaves open the door that a "previously unmet hurdle" has arisen. My best guess is that just as Outlaw was scheduling production ramp-up their "partner" was unable to deliver on earlier promises, perhaps due to changes in lending policies that have hurt many Chinese firms -- http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/aug/26/china-economy-woes-extend-stock-market It would be no surprise that problems with the overall economy have put new pressure on contract manufacturers.

The result of this very well could be an effort for the Outlaws to find additional funding, which is never quick / easy, and/or pursue an effort to essentially sub-contract out more of the sub-assemblies and then do final assembly with another "partner". That partner might even be the kind of firm that has the ability to provide 'value' that other firms cannot -- witness the decision of another noted North American based audio electronics firm shifting their production to Vietnam...

For all we know Mr. Tribeman is now learning Portuguese -- http://techinbrazil.com/largest-electronics-manufacturing-plants-in-brazil

As I've said before, given the emphasis that Outlaw placed on adopting next generation technologies like Atmos, I don't see them giving up this without a major fight.

Edited by renov8r (11/30/15 05:16 PM)