I have owned 2 separate XPR-5 amplifiers and my best friend owns one as well which I had on extended loan for 3.5 months. If you can get a good sample it provides a lot of power for the money. My friends sample was well made and extremely quiet even when connected to 5 Klipsch Cornwall speakers rated at 102db. I was not lucky. The amplifiers I received had poor fit and finish and were noisy. Emotiva Audio customer service is extremely deceptive when dealing with customer complaints. Check out the Emotiva Audio Better Business Bureau complaints. In all cases Emotiva Audio created lengthy process times before resolving the problems. In my opinion the good folks at Outlaw Audio seemed to be able to communicate better with the Chinese because my 5000 arrived looking liked a new component. Fit and finish was was almost equal to the 7700 I owned and it functioned perfectly. The reviews are accurate in describing the 5000 amplifier performance. I would not get hung up on one spec. Maybe if they charged more money you would sleep better. Number crunching is for the insecure I would not get caught up in that. The amplifier is $$$$ 599. Enough hearsay listen to one in person
I am looking forward to a 5 channel 400 watt amplifier next.
My 5000 is about 2 months old. Its the best bang for the buck I have seen in a long time. I have been in audio since 1974. My expectations have now been raised as to price verses performance.