Sorry about that I messed up the last part:
Here is the entire statement:
Outputs: Oppo 105 4 volts vs 9 volts output Outlaw 990. This explains the gain difference as well as the added head room. This also explains why many feel you need a preamp in front of the 105. In theory 2 volt output can drive most amplifiers to full output. In reality this seldom works you lose base impact and dynamic range. To test this theory I put a 4 channel class A active crossover between the BDP-105 7.1 output(I use 5.1)and the 7.1 input (again I use 5.1 only)of the Outlaw input. (The active crossover will swing 14 volts). The surrounds are set to small in Outlaw. The activate crossover does 3 fronts and sub. In this setup when I use 7.1 with LPCM192 and play NETFLIX or VUDU the dynamics are restored and using the 105 as a preamp would work. It still will not fix the bitstream issue to the 990 but the gain and dynamics are back.
I got this idea from theta digital. All of their stand alone D/A converters swing massive output volts. THETA Digital explained years ago how this enhanced dynamics and headroom. I tried it. Whatever the reason it works.
I know audio advances I just don't see what the Dolby Digital Plus brings to Netflix. I would not classify their picture quality and sound as high end. I'm using 40 mps speed. Its ok but certainly not great.
What do you guys think?

Edited by singing italian (02/23/15 02:31 AM)