Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#93865 - 01/12/14 03:17 PM Remote control: Turning unit on / codes
BWest Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hello! I recently purchased a preowned 990 and am excited to finally own a piece of Outlaw gear - I love it! I am having two very basic issues with the remote and was hoping one of you could help me figure it out quickly.

The first - the remote controls the 990 perfectly except for power-on. I have to press the standby button on the front panel to get the unit to power on, but power off works fine via remote - any ideas here?

The second - I have a Motorola-built AT&T UVerse cable box that I cannot seem to figure out how to control with the included remote. I tried all the codes in the 990 manual and in the 975 manual as well - has anyone had a similar issue and figured out how to do this?

Thanks everyone - happy to be part of the family!

Cheers,

Brent

#93868 - 01/12/14 05:21 PM Re: Remote control: Turning unit on / codes [Re: BWest]
wolverine Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ann Arbor
For the first question, this was a design feature! The power button on the remote is just a power off button. To turn it on you have to hit one of the video or audio source buttons at the bottom: VIDEO1 - VIDEO5, CD, DVD, PHONO, 7.1 DIRECT, etc., usually which ever one you are going to select first anyway.

Sorry I can't help with the UVerse cable box. Mine works with the Motorola-built COMCAST box. You might try sending a message to Outlaw support.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 348 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM