You could use a HDMI to DVI cable or adapter to get the Roku into the 990 but would still need something to get the audio to the 990. I have the Roku XDS but it has more output connections than the Roku3. I agree with the above that you should probably look at upgrading your system to take advantage of all the features HDMI offers. I have an low cost Onkyo receiver I bought several years back as a living room unit. It has an HTPC, DVR, Bluray player and and Xbox conected to it and I still have a port left. I output it to a Panny plasma with ARC. My point is that for less than $500 you could replace the 990 and upgrade your whole system. I also have a 990 which is my main music system. Although I could still use it for movies, the convenience of HDMI is hard to do without even with all its foibles. Remember too that only HDMI gives you the newer master codecs on the newer blurays.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner