Not that I asked a question in my post above but I thought it may spark some additional comments. The reason is that besides my SR5005 (and most likely many other units) not including Bass Mgmt for the analog 7.1 inputs, obviously there isn't any signal processing of these inputs including speaker distance, room processing, etc. My Oppo rule of thumb setup was to always leave it's setting with speakers set to Large and Trim adjustments at 0. This has all changed. By contrast, The SR5005 analog STEREO inputs DO offer Bass Mgmt and the other processing. This is my input of choice for stereo to also use the Oppe 83se enhanced analog stereo outputs. Last comment is that the new Oppo models have dropped all analog video outputs. With the SR5005 you can only view analog video when using the analog STEREO input channels. Question, how do you view the Oppo video signal any longer when using a processor's analog STEREO audio inputs?
Marantz AV7702mkII, Outlaw 7220, ,7ea-Outlaw LCR (2ea.- L/2ea.- R/C/SR/SL),Outlaw 7125 for 4ea-Outlaw LCRv2 (Atmos ceiling),Outlaw Ultra-X12 & LFM-1EX Subwoofers,BR/DVD Oppo BDP-103,BDP-83SE, Samsung 65" OLCD, Sofabato remote - Whole house audio via two (2ea) 7125s.