Originally Posted By: renov8r
For a different perspective consider this: http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubbthreads/ub...91555#Post91555

Thanks, I had looked at the beginning of the thread and stopped reading because it looked like it was all complaints about the delays and cancellations. There is some interesting info in there.

An entry level separate pre/pro should be different from an entry level receiver. We're gong to have to wait for reviews to learn about the sound quality. At this point, it seems that if you want a separate pre/pro, there really is no option for less than double the price. If Outlaw adds USB/ethernet, gold plated RCAs, balanced outputs and auto-eq, do they then have a $1,000 or $1,200 pre/pro? If I had amps with balanced inputs and balanced cables, I'd want to stick with them. I could see that being a deal breaker for some, especially if they bought the amp and cables from Outlaw. Since I didn't, it's not an issue for me. I really hope to see a review of the 975 vs. the Marantz 7005, that would be perfect. With both manually set up, and with the Marantz using the auto-eq.