I had the M22s and Paradigm Mini Monitors side by side in my house plugged into the Outlaw 1070. The M22s went back, because there really is no bass, drums sound like little pops and they are really bright (to my ears at least). The Mini Monitors list for US$429, the Axioms for $460. If price is a concern, then maybe consider the Mini Monitors.

In any case, to me the M22s seriously lack bass and you can get better speakers for the same money from Paradigm and B&W (demoed those too, but in a store).

After about three months I upgraded from the Mini Monitors to the Studio 20s, partly because they sound much better than the Mini Monitors and largely because I wanted to upgrade my center channel from the Paradigm CC370 (sounds muddy on dialogue) to the CC470 (the CC570 wouldn't fit). To me, the big jump in performance from the CC370 to the CC470 is more than worth the cost of moving to the Studio series.

So my experience was not to buy the M22s and go with Paradigm instead. You may also want to consider the B&W speakers in your price range if you have a dealer nearby.

Hope this helps. There is no substitute, though, for demoing the equipment in your own home.