I think Xenon got it right. Every room will benefit from room correction. What drove me to it was inconsistent bass responce in different areas of the room. I had some seats that the bass would drive you out of the room and other seats where the bass was inadequate. That was due to sound reflections coming from the room. No automated electronic room correction system is going to fix that. I bought a kit that contained bass traps for the corners of the room and sound absorbing panels for the walls. After it was installed, it not only corrected the bass problems, it made the whole system sound much better through the full frequency spectrum. It was the single most effective improvement in sound I have achieved. It gave me more improvement that any electronics or speaker upgrades that I have ever done. Once you have a decent system and start upgrading, you get to the point that the sound improvement from the upgrades are quite subtle. The improvement from room correction was not subtle. It was dramatic.

It is my opinion that an electronic room correction systems will help flatten the frequency curve, and will easily set the speaker distances and levels for you, but it will not adequately correct for sound reflections in the room.
Onkyo TX-NR5009 Used as PrePro, Outlaw 770, Oppo BDP93, Marantz TT15S turntable, Paradigm Studio 60's main, Paradigm Studio CC 590 center, Paradigm Studio 20 surrounds, Paradigm Studio 20 rear surrounds, Pair of Paradigm Servo 15 subs, Sharp LC90LE745U 90" display, Auralex room treatment