Quote:
Originally posted by curegeorg:
just because something is set at a reference level or calibrated by a machine to be flat, doesnt mean it will be the way you prefer something to sound.

I guess that's why a lot of people prefer the analog SPL meters. They can take the reading at the point of swing that sounds the best to them.

we have hearing loss, personal taste, etc. i recommend using reference settings as a "reference" of where to start rather than the perfect setting for everyone. no one is going to tell me how i like to listen to my movies or music.

Exactly, it's only a reference. In addition I think that most people want to try and stay true to what the people that make the music want us to hear and use the tools that are available to them for that purpose.

also you will have to adjust settings sometimes because all media is not normalized in sound or in sound quality. one dvd might sound great, but another needs more volume in certain ranges, etc. make yourself happy rather than let references or standards rule your listening habits.

I will adjust some settings, but if they didn't make the DVD/CD right then I move on.

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s