I will be near my 990 in about two weeks and will try to duplicate your effort with one of the many radio stations I don't get. You say you noticed this right off the bat when you got your 990? I listen to analog all the time via radio and phone and never experienced an issue but my hearing isn't the best. With the white noise what should I hear if the problem exists? Some sort of frequency mod that changes when I change the sample rate? What setup do you have for the following statement:

I have the analog inputs connected so that this signal can be routed to Zone 2,

Is it possible that the input wiring is causing the add signal to be generated and summed with the delay through the digital path? I am only guessing but there is probably a way to crosstie the digital signal to the analog buss with some creative wiring in the back. Could it be some sort of crosstalk problem?

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner