This weekend I listened to Paradigm speakers in a audio store - the Monitor 7 ($799 floorstanding) and the Mini Monitor ($429 bookshelf).

I brought the Mini Monitor home on loan for a side-by-side comparision with the M22 (still on the 30 day trial).

The Mini Monitors sound much much better - they are not bright compared to the M22s, and easily best the Axioms when listening to highs at high volume by not being too shrill or harsh. The Mini Monitors also have bass, which now I hear that the M22s lack. And drums sound much better on the Paradigms - the Axioms sound like trucated pops in comparision.

I can't A/B the speakers - I have to rewire - so the sound differences are not subtle. So I'm going to keep the Paradigms and send the Axioms back. (sorry korkster!).

The Mini Monitors are a tad cheaper ($429 vs $460) but that's going to be a wash if you pay full price with tax and by the time you pay for a full system it is a wash. The matching Paradigm center (CC-370) is $400 list, same as the VP150 but more expensive than the VP100. For surrounds, I'll probably try the Paradigm Titan ($250).

Compared to the B&W 602 speakers, the Axiom M22s are a no brainer and good value. But not when compared to the Paradigm Monitor series. I know that comparing the M22 and Mini Monitor speakers won't reflect necessarily on the Axiom 80s compared to say the Monitor 11 ($1199 list) but If you have a local Paradigm dealer, I would check them out.

Anyway, that's just my opinion after listening to three brands of bookshelf and floorstanding speakers. Speakers are all a matter of personal taste and you need to pick the ones that you like.