Originally Posted By: Mr_Freedom
No, I don't have any problems that I know about. But if you advertise a unit as a "future forward" component, people do expect to have updates to new technology when possible. I know the HDMI situation isn't possible but I'm sure there are other thing that could be improved. ... And one firmware update in 6 years is not "future forward", IMO.

Not trying to bust your chops here, but can you provide an example of what you might be looking for in terms of an improvement. For example if the new BR Codec's were supported on the digital inputs that the 990 can accept, I could see that as being a valid request. IIRC, however, they are only supported over HDMI. Personally, I can see that Deromax's issue about the muting on digital input as something for a revison (it seems like providing an option to turn off muting could be easy to implement).

However, I can also appreciate from a manufacturer's perspective that there should be a time limit on firmware revisions. Perhaps 3-5 years from the date of last sale or the date of a posting on the sales site that the product has been frozen and no future revisions for the product are likely to be made. Of course that presumes a publicly available firmware revision request and acceptance list.

FWIW, I seem to recall that Outlaw did announce at somepoint that the last 990 firmware revision was going to be the last.

Edited by 73Bruin (03/25/12 02:35 PM)
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra