It was impossible to do a real side by side comparison at the dealer I went to. My overall point was that the Sherwood with Trinnov was competent and produced a nice surround envelope, but it wasn't earth shattering. It couldn't match the Krell's surround sound, and in the $2000 receiver mode the musicality was far short of more expensive electronics, and far short of what I am used to at home. Actually, in a musical sense I thought the Sherwood was pretty bad. There are limits to what one can get at the $2000 receiver level. Trinnov implemented at that price level is not a game changer. Outlaw would have had to do a complete rebuild of the electronics to use this product.

Possibly, if one bypasses the amplifier section on the Sherwood, a much better sound can be had. The dealer was not willing to spend the time to do that for me.

I hope that Outlaw can put out a pre pro at the $1500 price point that will trounce the traditional manufacturers (and their many extra expenses) in musicality and transparency. All the software algorithms do nothing when the rest of the signal pathway is crap.
Antique Sound Lab AV-25 (three)
Magnepan 1.6 (Stereo Unlimited mod) LR
Magnepan MC1 surrounds
Opera (mod) center
AMC subwoofer (mod)
Panasonic 65VT50