I have no hands on experience other than I heard it in a custom theater room on I think a av7005. It was a long time ago but I'm almost positive it was a marantz. It was a new concept to me the day I heard it. It was actually only the heights as a demo but It's all I needed. I fell in love with the sound obviously. And I addressed where audyssey comes up with all this. From audible cues left over from the the recording in the environment that was filmed. I believe material even made like say AVATAR adds this into there sound as to not make it sound fake. All I need to say is it works so who cares how it works. And I am a gamer.

Edit: I think the 7.1 system I have currently does a great job at letting me know where my opponents are. Heights might create a huge advantage but I'm more interested in running around and feeling like I'm running into small rooms and out in to the open. Just more realism. I want to be enveloped in a sound that feels more real. I think I'd lose out on a lot without the reflections that are controversial to some. Of course I've never heard 11.2 but I am anxious. If I ever hear it and I don't like it I'll be the first to let everyone know here.

Edit 2: I think it is not right of me to even say as much as I have about my experience. What I enjoyed most was what felt like a bigger sound stage and it just made me feel there. I wasn't there to shop for receivers though I was there looking into making a move to a projector. After listening is when I asked and was given the info about what the system was running. Everyone should hear it themselves. There's probably a custom stereo shop not too far away from most. And you really should read other people's reviews that were with the system for weeks at a time not a few minutes.

Happy thankgiving

Edited by Logan Robertson (11/24/11 11:04 AM)