And not much of what you said has made any sense to me and it has frustrated me as to your disconnect but now I realize part of the problem is how I have failed to explain the reflections. DSX does not use your walls for its reflections. It uses the height channel and the wides for the reflections. The real reflections in your room are still the reflections you don't want to be heard. EVER with DSX or Discrete 7.1 channels (room treatments). These reflections can never be treated with the use of any type of EQ. Every sound creates a first reflection. They say this works well because of the angles they have chosen. These are meant to show the reflections of the three center channels. If it were to use your walls you are correct. It would need 3D technology like Trinnov. As far as I'm concerned if I don't go with Trinnov I'll be missing out. If I don't go with DSX I'll be missing out. I just want DSX because having 11 channels is more important to me. This is no offense to Trinnov. And just because I'm saying if my center channel was in the ceiling then Trinnov is a no brainer, it is not me saying Trinnov's 3D remapping is its only job. But to say Trinnov will be better than XT32 is something we'll have to wait for. We still don't know if it's possible to be glitch free in a system like Outlaw. Time will tell

Edit: a 3d mic will actually not help with this now that I think about it (a real first reflection to the listener off your real walls can't be manipulated, only the speaker timing which DSX uses) so I'm back to no understanding your point about the 3d mic.

Edited by Logan Robertson (11/23/11 02:10 PM)