True but the reviews I have read are all two channel. Most run through some sort of tube amp into systems No one can afford. The music however is all stereo or mono, no multi-channel. I have two 5.1 systems and a dedicated 2.1 system. The HT systems are great for movies and I can't imagine I am missing anything without 2, 4 or 6 more channels created from an algorithm. I don't game on my systems but if I did I still wouldn't need more than 5.1. It would be cool to use Trinnov to create speakers where none currently exist such as wides or highs from a set of rear surrounds.

As far as the spatial mapping being good for only one position, the same is true of Audyssey. Audyssey simply averages the correction for all the points it contains. Which means it sacrifices the optimum position for the other positions to some degree. It is a tradeoff, and there is no way around it if you have multiple seats. As far as I know, Audyssey doesn't let you save multiple versions of its setup. Trinnov will allow multiple setups to be saved. I don't know how many, but conceivably you could save one for each seat you want to sit in. One of my HTs has a seat which is way off center. Trinnov would allow me to reorient the system so that my favorite chair appears to be the center position. I am not sure how that affects the rest of the seats but it would be good for me. I would expect Trinnov to provide some sort of averaging algorithm for all positions but when its just me in my favorite chair I could have my cake and eat it too.

I read somewhere that a demonstration of the Sherwood 972 in an audio room picked five different styles of speakers in wildly erratic positions and was able to map them to sound as if they were all the same speakers in the correct position, much to the amazement of the attendees.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner