Originally Posted By: Logan Robertson
I can honestly see Outlaw making the 978 capable of Audyssey dsx into 9.2 or 7.2 channels especially because they now state that it will support pro logic llz. I think one of the benefits of waiting for the 998 if developed is the implementation of 11.2 channels. I just have a feeling that jumping from a projected 7 channel system to an 11 channel system is not going to happen for the 978 but would be possible for the 998.

A little history first. Outlaw originally intended their 997 prepro to include Trinnov. It was to be based on the Sherwood 972 chassis. With delay after delay from Sherwood, they dropped the 997, and went with clean sheet design for their 998. The 998 was to include Trinnov, however, it apparently proved too time consuming and quite difficult. So, without a prepro in their lineup, and time slipping away, they decided to take the 998 chassis and employ Audyssey Multi XT. Then they realized that Multi XT32 would be needed to remain competitive, and the design proceeded using it, with further delays. The 998 may or may not ever come to life, as it looks to be too costly for them to develope without sharing costs. So if the 998 finally is released, it most probably will be locked in to the 978 channel configuration but with Trinnov. What you are wishing for might eventually be on a sucessor to the 978/998 chassis, and that would be several years from now. But first they must get the 978 to market.

Edited by skiman (11/19/11 10:49 PM)