Well, I received the SR5005. Started the installation, out the Outlaw 950 and in the Marantz SR5005. Having all my cables labeled made the installation process easier. The Outlaw Guide was extremely helpful, I haven't even open the original user's manual that came with the Marantz yet.

Once the installation was done I grabbed the remote put the batteries in and pressed the on bottom..... Just like my 950 a slight thump was heard through the speakers ,annoying but liveable. After getting familiarized with the remote and controls, I did the initial set up per outlaw guide then dove in to do the Audyssey auto setup. It detected all my speakers as "Large". I did not like that, but left it as is and threw in the "Kick Ass" Bluray.. The Audio set to auto detect the format and it played the movie in DTS HD MA... My wife is taking a test in one of her internet classes so I can't really unleash the power, but I like what I saw and heard... Then I switched on my CD player and played the track that I am really familiar with "Here without you" by 3 Doors Down... Well, this is when I noticed the difference with the Marantz and the Outlaw 950... In short I favor the Outlaw 950 but this observation is having used to the Outlaw sound and the Marantz not tweaked yet to its Optimum performance. BTW, having the Marantz on for three hours got the top side of the case hot then I touched my 755 amp and it's just slightly warm....

There'll be more listening sessions this weekend and more tweaking. I have to send my wife to somekind of shopping spree (at Walmart) to keep her out of my way this weekend. Hahahahahaha....
Rocket RS750 (surround)
SVS 20-39 PCI