Ok partners, the 990's volume(s) is my new normal. Piece of mind to hear it's the same for you. It sounds so pristine, I will learn to deal with her quirks.

Yes Gonk, all were zero after auto setup except for center (-1), Sub (+2), and RR (+1). My amp has physical individual volume pots for each channel, all were maxed before commencing with auto trim setup. Speakers are pretty even/distanced not by luck wink and the 990's mic check helped to confirm that. I can probably tweak my speaker angles, remove the sound absorbing cat from the room, and adjust the sub's own volume control; re-run the 990's check again and maybe hit all zeros for all channels. If you have used a spl meter; how does the 990's mic fair against that?

---

my next questions will be about the 990's controls... For example, so far I don't think it's possible, but have been looking to see if I can omit some unused sources so that it's not necessary to scroll through the unused source names in the 990's face source menu. I noticed I can direct access via remote, but since the 990 is so "computerized", it may be possible and I've just not found that option yet.