Did the auto setup select trim settings yield the near-zero levels? If so, my advice is to make any changes equally to all channels - so if you add +10 on one channel, add the same to all. It sounds like that is what you have in mind.

The five channel stereo mode is going to be the loudest, in a way that can be a bit misleading, so it's best to leave it out of the mix when comparing behavior of different modes. Surround modes (Dolby, DTS, and even Pro Logic IIx) and true stereo should all be quieter, and are a more useful basis for comparison.

Originally Posted By: Kele
Thank you responders! Is this forum moderated by Outlaw to “approve” my intention (above) with the 990? I don’t want to make a trouble ticket for this type of question. I did make an official trouble ticket two days ago before hooking up anything… to ask if I could use a three pronged non-OEM power cord… They replied quick and said ok if gauge appropriate.

The Outlaws provide the forum and do a bare minimum moderation - as long as we behave ourselves, they leave us be, although they also drop in some and will chime in from time to time. if you need tech support from them, the most sure-fire way to get it is to use their support site or call them.