I know this is an old post, but I just saw it and had to comment. I have an Outlaw 990/7700 in my living room and a Emotiva MMC1/IPS-1 combo in my bedroom. There is NO comparison between the two, the Outlaw not only sounds much better it is built much better. I don't understand why so many people say the Emo's are as good as the Outlaws as the difference in sound quality to me was profound. I use my Outlaw setup more often and it has never given me a single problem. The IPS-1 Emo Amp has given me a couple of problems, the IEC connector pulls out the back of the Amp when you remove the power cord and the 12V trigger module in the Amp is also hosed - it's connection is very loose inside so my Amp shuts down at the slightest movement of the rack.

I know Emotiva has a new line of X-amps out now and this is an older model, but unless their build quality has REALLY improved I would not say they were even in the same class as Outlaw. The Emo Amp does sound good, the processor does not come close to the sound quality of the Outlaw 990 though.

I now get some large discount on any future Emotiva processors & amps because I am a previous customer and I am upgrading my HT this year, but it will be with the Outlaw processor not the Emo!
Eastern Electric Mini-Max DAC
Vortex Appliance
Squeezebox Touch w/Bolder digital mod & PS
Cardas Speaker/Interconnect Cables
Velodyne EQ-Max 10

65" Panasonic VT-30 ISF Calibrated
Outlaw 7700
Outlaw 990
Integra 80.2
Onix Ref 1.5 - Ref-100 w/Ninja Masters/NoRez
Oppo BDP-93
Hsu VTF-3 MKII RW