Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#86373 - 03/06/11 01:19 PM Random behavior
Cadu Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Hi all,

I am experiencing a very anoying situation with my 990. I hope is just a matter of simple adjustments, otherwise I will be in big trouble (since I am not living in the USA). Let me explain the synthoms:

First - Volume Level
Once is turned on my 990 keep same level regardless I use my remote control or panel knob to increase or decrease volume. The sound is cut just in the minus 76, from minus 75 to the maximum level, keeps same sound volume.

Second - Signal behaves random
I have a DVD connected to 990 and this image signal goes to the SONY LED TV. Yesterday I tried to watch a movie but no success at all. Either sound would come out but with no image, or I would change to any other input (CD, PHONO, TAPE, VIDEOS 1 to 5, AUX)and could see the DVD image but without sound.

The "DIGITAL" sign in the 990 screen keeps steady, but once I hear a double "click" starts blinking as it were no equipment connected and working.

Apparently is a logical assignments and the 990 processor is not processing correctly.

Before somebody suggest... I have already RESET the whole system, but now I cannot access the ON SCREEN MENU, it just does not work.

What can I do?

Best Regards,

Cadu

Edited by Cadu (03/06/11 01:22 PM)

#86380 - 03/06/11 03:14 PM Re: Random behavior [Re: Cadu]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
Cadu, sorry to hear you are having 990 issues. Once you reset the whole system, you lost all the saved settings. Go into the manual and reprogram the input and outputs of the 990. Remember that to use the OSD you have to have an analog cable from the 990 monitor out to the TV (s-Video works well). The audio issue could be an amplifier problem. Does any sound come out at all.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#86382 - 03/06/11 03:59 PM Re: Random behavior [Re: XenonMan]
Cadu Offline
Gunslinger

Thank you XenonMan,

You remind me that my connections are mainly OPTICAL. I will try using analog for programming thru OSD.

Answering your question I have no problem with my 7125. It is working fine, except the sound volume as previous explained that has no variation control (which I believe the 990 is in charge of this matter).

Best Regards,

Cadu

#86385 - 03/06/11 11:33 PM Re: Random behavior [Re: Cadu]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Originally Posted By: Cadu
You remind me that my connections are mainly OPTICAL. I will try using analog for programming thru OSD.

Optical is for audio. XenonMan's comment about analog cable is for the video when viewing the on-screen setup menu.

Originally Posted By: Cadu
Answering your question I have no problem with my 7125. It is working fine, except the sound volume as previous explained that has no variation control (which I believe the 990 is in charge of this matter).

You are correct - the 990 does the volume control.

Originally Posted By: cadu
I have a DVD connected to 990 and this image signal goes to the SONY LED TV. Yesterday I tried to watch a movie but no success at all. Either sound would come out but with no image, or I would change to any other input (CD, PHONO, TAPE, VIDEOS 1 to 5, AUX)and could see the DVD image but without sound.

What sort of video connection was used (HDMI, component, etc.)? Was the video from the DVD player going through the 990 or directly to the TV?

#86387 - 03/07/11 10:20 AM Re: Random behavior [Re: gonk]
Cadu Offline
Gunslinger

Gonk,

You are correct. Sorry for the mistake. My video connection is COMPONENT (red,blue,green).

As answered before my connection is COMPONENT, but the signal flows from the DVD player (Gradiente) to the Outlaw 990 then to the TV set.

Best Regards,

Cadu

#86420 - 03/08/11 02:18 PM Re: Random behavior [Re: Cadu]
Cadu Offline
Gunslinger

Dear all,

I am really concerned about the problem I am facing regarding the 990 processor. Perhaps I should contact the Outlaw´s engineering team.

I tried using the VIDEO 5 analog connection and did not work at all. I do not have access to the OSD menu. I reset many times but not working.

What should I do? I am starting to believe that OUTLAW is not quite reliable, which is a terrible thing for me since I am not in the USA.

PLEASE...HELP...

Regards,

Cadu

#86421 - 03/08/11 03:16 PM Re: Random behavior [Re: Cadu]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Outlaw's support team is available online as well as by phone. Getting them involved is a very good idea.

If you can't enter the setup menu, you can't configure the inputs. This will make everything problematic since the unit has been reset to its defaults, as you won't be able to know if a problem is related to input assignments that haven't been customized or an actual fault. I recommend making access to the setup menu your first priority.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
REP, caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward
8714 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 2
scoooter 2
Veeper 1
Forum Stats
8,714 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,330 Topics