Originally Posted By: audionirvana
Hmmm, why isn't this in the manual?

FWIW-I have run a y-connector to create 6.1 in my setup for 4 years now with no ill effect.YMMV.

I understand that Outlaw might want to have someone produce a printing ready version of the manual (e.g. to get the graphics really nice). However, I can't answer why Outlaw doesn't have a copy of the manual that could be updated over time and at least posted to the website. To me this would be something, that an on-line company should do. That way as things change or errors are found they can be corrected and made available to everyone.

A couple of follow-up questions.

1) Do you use the Y connector before the 7.1 input or on the 990's left and right rear surround output?

2) Do you use a Y connector that is designed to do a mono summing (I have seen some Y connectors that are designed for the old stereo vcr to mono tv type connections)? By contrast most of the Y connectors that I have seen are, if they have any explanation at all, say they are designed to split a signal.

3) Did you do anything special in the setup? For example, reducing the relative output from each source?
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra