I personally have heard good things about the Samsung DLP's and know two owners. One bought the 46 inch 3 years ago when it first came out and the other just bought the 61 inch a few months ago, and neither have had any problems.

I have a 30' direct view Samsung HD widescreen that I purchased 2 years ago and I have been very pleased with it.

I would just research and find as many topics on the Samsung as possible and then go on test viewings. JVC's D-ILA sets are based on a LCoS technology and also have gotten good press, but do not have a 43 or 46. Their screen size starts at 51'

I have looked at both the Samsung and the JVC side by side and they both look great. The JVC, I personally thought, had better color seperation and a more vivid picture overall. Both pictures were bright and razor sharp.

The 2nd generation JVC's have supposedly addressed the noisy fans and heat problems.

Mitsubishi's DLP also is a great set, but expect to pay $500.00 to $1500.00 more than the Samsung or JVC depending on the screen size, which starts at 50'.