Played with it for a few hours yesterday and from a performance standpoint it's a great little sub. I will say I haven't had a ported sub in 8 or 9 years and it definitely has a different sound and feel compared to the sealed ones. It hit's lower than the DefTech Prosub 800 I have in the smaller room and for now it's going to stay in there. After 2 hours of moving it around and calibrating and finding the 2nd sweet spot in the room, the duo pack quite a punch indeed for LFE duties. The bass pressure is now actually very noticable. It was 30% cheaper than the DefTech so kudos to the Outlaws!

The only drawback of the one I received(and not one that distracts me from enjoying it) is I pick up a local oldies channel no matter where it is in the room but only when the phase is set to 180. Thankfully it's set to 0. I brought in my Supercube and tested it in there as well and neither of my Deftech subs pick up any interference.

It also hums regardless of which wall socket/line conditioner/voltage regulator it's plugged into, also tried it in my main room with varying conditioners/regulators and still humming. Again, my other subs are dead quiet everywhere in the house. I made sure no other wires/cables were touching the interconnect or power cable, the hum only stops when unplugged entirely.

But, with that said, it's a kick ass sub for a room that's got 8ft ceilings and is about 12x14. The packing for transit is superb, very impressed. The finish is nice and the controls on back are solid. This is my 1st Outlaw sub so I can't compare to any others but am impressed with it's performance.

*Update: Just messed with 2 y cables I have, 1 is a cheap Radio shack and the other a 10 year old Acoustic Research cable and regardless of which female side I use for the M8, it hums, BUT... with the Radio Shack adapter it is quieter. Can anyone recommend a decent yet affordable Y adapter that has 1 Male turning into 2 females? I see the Outlaw cable is Out of Stock, damn.

Edited by SpOoNmAnBP (01/27/11 12:44 PM)