Originally Posted By: pepar
Originally Posted By: butchgo
Even though I am very antsy to upgrade from my 990 I will wait.
Outlaw has always offered the best bang for the buck with their processors and I think the 978 will prove that again.
It is hard to sit back and wait but I always have felt that good things come to he who waits.

Well. I may wait, and I probably will wait. But it is not a sure thing that I will wait. Based on that thinking, which I'm certain is not limited to me, I am surprised that there haven't been a leak or two to hold the waiters in line.

Jeff

A leak or two? There's been a string of "real soon now" announcements for a couple of years. The 990 was released 5-6 years ago and Outlaw has been unable to deliver a successor. Folks can hem and haw over the why's and the excuses, but that's the bottom line.

My take on Outlaw is that they do some products well...like their amplifier line (made by ATI) and their subs (made by Hsu, I think). For those kinds of things, I'd buy new product without hesitation. As far as surround processors go, the 990 is/was a great processor, but it is really showing it's age these days. If someone needed a processor now or in the near future, I don't see any reason to buy it from Outlaw. The processors they're reselling are cheaper elsewhere if you shop around. There's also a wide variety of high quality product in the typical Outlaw price universe available for purchase all over the place. This boat has sailed.