Let' talk subwoofers.

I have noticed a trend in smaller subs that are utilizing passive radiators. Def Tech, Polk, Klipsch, Boston Acoustics as well as many other companies have been producing and/or are introducing subs with passive radiators.

I like the sound that passive radiator subs create and I like their size. I wouldn't characterize their sound as "tight", I would describe what I have heard as defined.

Passive radiator subs are smaller which is beneficial with your decor, placement and acceptance with the Mrs. Also, with dual sub layouts I believe they can be more versatile. I believe one advantage is the design that incorporates a front or down firing woofer with the radiators that are on each side. I have listened to a few of these designs that were placed along a side wall and was very impressed with their sound projection. I understand the discussion that low notes are non directional, but what about the sound waves that you can feel and are ambient?

I would love to see an Outlaw Passive Radiator sub and would be very interested in everyone's thoughts on the design and experience with them.