Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#84816 - 10/06/10 09:13 AM Misterious trouble launching the system
Cadu Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Dear friends,

Some of you, such as Gonk and XenonMan have answered some of my doubts recently. I must remind you my system:

Outlaw 990 + 7125. Also a DVD player with 5.1 analog connections.

Yesterday I tried to "lauch the system" for the very first time. I was really excited about it, but unfortunately I did not reach my goal. I feel really frustrated, because, apparently I did follow the steps recommended in the Owner's Manual. Perhaps you guys could help me out, to figure if I am missing something.

I hooked the DVD 5.1 in the 7.1 audio in. I also hooked the DVD in the OPTICAL 1, for alternative audio testing.

So what is the main problem?

For some reason I cannot run the AUTO SETUP (pages 26 and 28). I connect the omnidirectional microphone, go thru all screens to get to the AUTO SETUP, and when I am there it no let the "Start Setup" change to YES in order to run the SETUP. I do not know what to do. I should also inform the following I have tested:

FIRST: I did a CHANNEL CALIBRATION (page 30) and in this case worked fine. I could hear the testing through each speaker connected to the 7125.

SECOND I tried to listed the CD from my DVD device, using the HEADPHONE (page 38). It worked just fine.

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME.

Best regards to all,

Cadu

#84817 - 10/06/10 10:17 AM Re: Misterious trouble launching the system [Re: Cadu]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
Have you told the 990 configuration which input is associated with the DVD player? Page 23 describes this process. You will have to specify a video input and an audio input in the configuration menus. Make sure to write these settings down so you can use them in the future. You can specify that the DVD uses the optical input for audio but you will probably get better performance from analog. I have both the analog and the optical hooked up on my 990. For stereo music I think I prefer the optical over the analog. I don't have my 990 with me at the moment so it is a little hazy as to its connections. Start on page 23 after your connections are made and recorded and step through the menus.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#84818 - 10/06/10 10:31 AM Re: Misterious trouble launching the system [Re: XenonMan]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
If the test tones work, it appears that you've got the 990 connected to the amp properly. Do your sources work? Any chance you still have it switched to using the headphone jack? You have to hold down "MUTE" for a few seconds to switch back, if I remember correctly.

#84819 - 10/06/10 11:09 AM Re: Misterious trouble launching the system [Re: gonk]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Gonk, as usual, is correct. Page 34 of the manual has the blurb:

Holding down either MUTE button for too long will activate the headphone
listening mode instead of the mute mode. To exit headphone
mode, hold down either MUTE button for several seconds until the small
red speaker icon appears on the right half of the front-panel display.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE

#84820 - 10/06/10 11:48 AM Re: Misterious trouble launching the system [Re: XenonMan]
Cadu Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
MY HEEEEERRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Gonk. You got the mistery. I was going to post another thing I could not figure. In the inputs configuration I couldīt bypass or change any sourround configuration. As Gonk said, once I pressed for longer time the Mute button, the sound came out. Love it.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH...I had 12 hours of nightmare. Now I can take a nice nap.

Best regards to all,

CADU

PS: Should I update the 990 software using USB connection?????

#84821 - 10/06/10 12:34 PM Re: Misterious trouble launching the system [Re: Cadu]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

I would wait and see if I needed the firmware update before I tried it. If you don't need it, why take a chance. It is a pretty straight forward update but many people don't need it from what I can tell.

TV System

Home Theater System
Harmony ONE

#84822 - 10/06/10 12:41 PM Re: Misterious trouble launching the system [Re: Cadu]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Originally Posted By: Cadu
once I pressed for longer time the Mute button, the sound came out. Love it.

Glad you're back on track!

Originally Posted By: Cadu
PS: Should I update the 990 software using USB connection?????

The latest firmware version is v3.24, released in May 2008. I cover firmware updates here, including how to install, how to see what version you have, and what the updates changed. I'd definitely want to at least run v3.11 (which you probably already are).

Who's Online
0 registered (), 339 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ Yesterday at 03:13 AM