Hi.

First post, However, I have done several hours of reading here!

As someone who has loved Audio, since way before there was a thing called HT, I really like the concept of a Direct to customer Internet company. Give me High end at moderate prices! I have often said, that even if I win a small lottery, I will probably never have my "dream" HT system! (It would take a large lottery!)

While I am still researching my options, Outlaw Electronics, and Axiom Speakers are on my "very short list" of finalists. (Both direct to Consumer companies) (And yes, I am considering a few "high end" recevers, ones that would be considered in the price range of the 1070 or the 950/7100, but with respect to Outlaw, I will not mention what I am considering)

While I am looking at both the 1070 or a 950/7100 combo, so each question is independent of each other.

1. The 950 is about 2 years old. Does it support DVD-A and SACD? What is it missing, that modern day receivers have (signal processing wise). My current receiver is about 5 years old, and does not have DTS, SACD or DVD-A, and some of the other newer DTS and Dolby formats. Very happy with the sound output, but need to replace it because of all the new formats. I do not want to spend big bucks, only to have it outdated in 2 years!

2. The new, yet unreleased 1070. While final specs are still unreleased, the specs are 65WPC contiounous, driveing all 7 channels at the same time. (I have read all about the NAD style of amp building, and real world measurements of the outlaw). Question, if I drive LESS channels, all things being equal, will there be MORE power available to each channel? For instance, if I ONLY used the 1070 to drive my Center, and Left Rear, and Right Rear speakers (3) would more power be availabe to those three speakers?(you will see where I am going with this on q 3!)

3. One of the finalists in my speakers, is the Axiom M80's for my Front Stereo Speakers. Just FYI, before I decide, I am going to need to be convinced that the M80's produce BETTER, CLEARER, MORE ACCURATE sound, not just MORE sound! These guys need power, as they ar 4 Ohms. Could I take the 1070, and use the 1070's amp to drive everything BUT the M80's, and get two Model M Block 200 watt mono amps to run the FL and FR speaker? How does one equalise the sound?

4. I realise this last question is not really known, but anyone know ABOUT when the "replacement" will be out for the 950? Not looking for a date, but just "end of this year", spring of next year, cold day in hell, etc!

5. What is "Analog and Digital Base Managemet"?

To give you more info as to what I am looking for, I am not looking for LOUDER sound, I am looking for more accurate, cleaner, crisper sound, and music. AND, all things being equal, spending LESS money is always better than spending MORE money!

Thanks for all your help.