Originally Posted By: Retep
Originally Posted By: gonk
The reality is that the economy is still in pretty bad shape, and non-essential consumer products are going to see a dip in sales no matter how good the product line is. That's going to force companies to look for ways to keep bringing in sales.

I agree. The Model 998 looks like it could be an interesting product.

I couldn't agree more.

Hi guys! I haven't been by the Saloon in a while. What with having a couple of additions to the family and going single income for a long while, I've just contented myself with keeping up via the newsletter. Nice to see some familiar faces still around the joint <waves at gonk>.

On topic - Yar! The economy is tough on a lot of folks but the "toy makers" are probably having a really rough go as that's usually the first thing that gets cut when the ol' money satchel gets light.

I'm glad to see the Outlaws developing bottom up on the 998. Maybe by the time it comes out, my TV will finally die and we'll have to upgrade to HDTV and I'll have an excuse to upgrade my 1050! That thing is bullet proof, I tell ya. Still sounds as good as it did when the Outlaws first shipped it to me lo those many years ago. I'm jonesin' to pair up a nice pre/pro to my 7125 and the 998 may just fit the bill if I can wrangle it in to my budget!

Lookin' forward to it, Outlaws!