Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#833 - 01/22/02 06:18 PM Remote Code
Hullguy Offline
Desperado

Loc: South Weymouth, MA USA
Has anyone figured out the code for the 1050. I'm going to try and have my AT&T cable remote control the 1050. I will be easier for my wife to control.

#834 - 01/22/02 06:46 PM Re: Remote Code
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Are you looking for a universal remote code to tell some other remote how to operate the 1050? If so, I'm afraid it may be a dead-end search. There was a lot of discussion about the remote around here last year, including input from several people who had dealt directly with Outlaw on the subject, and the results of all that indicated that there is not a universal remote code for the 1050 -- not even one to tell the 1050's remote how to control the 1050 if you completely wipe it (which can be done, and has been done a few times, requiring the replacement of the remote -- thankfully free of charge). To operate the 1050, you will want to use either the 1050's remote or a learning remote.

------------------
Gonk

#835 - 01/22/02 09:00 PM Re: Remote Code
snowman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
I had good luck with the opposite Hullguy -- having my 1050 remote run my digital cable box (have AT&T digital cable cant remember the box maker offhand).

Wife was suspicious at first, saying things like "well but I won't be able to get the channel guide", etc. Success though -- she likes the 1050 remote now, and I was able to replace 3 other remotes with it. So far neither I (nor she) have noticed any missing features from using the 1050 remote for the cable.

#836 - 01/22/02 10:24 PM Re: Remote Code
gonk Offline
Desperado

I'll agree with snowman on that one -- before I got a Sony AV2100 as a birthday gift, I used the 1050's remote for digital cable, DVD, CD, TV, and VCR. Wasn't missing any features except for a couple esoteric functions on the CD changer. If you go this route, look into the volume punch-through feature. Your wife will thank you.

------------------
Gonk

#837 - 01/23/02 12:42 AM Re: Remote Code
Hullguy Offline
Desperado

Loc: South Weymouth, MA USA
Thanks guys. The AT&T box is a Motorola which bought out General Instruments. It accepts the GI code. I'm going to try using the 1050 remote and see what happens. Thanks again

#838 - 01/23/02 08:44 AM Re: Remote Code
Kevin R. Anderson Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Salt Lake City
You can program a Radio Shack 15-1994 remote, and other All-For-One remotes to fully control the Outlaw, however, it takes a little work.

Remove the battery cover on your 1050 remote, and you will notice a 6-pin plug that is also common to many Radio Shack and One-For-All remotes. By using the "JP1" interface (easy to build or you can purchase for $25) and a free program, you can copy the 1050 remote codes to your computer (or download 1050 remote codes from the JP1 site) and copy them to any other remote with the 6-pin interface.

Like I said, this takes a little work, but check out the JP1 site at http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/index.shtml and then check out discussions at http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-one4all/list.cgi and look for posts by "The Robman" who essentially invented the JP1 interface.

With the JP1 interface, you will also be amazed at how much programming you can do to the 1050 remote so it operates just about anything else in your system. If you love to tweak and want to eliminate multiple remotes, the JP1 interface can't be beat and it is a lot of fun.

If anyone loses the 1050 codes on their remote (and their unit is out of warranty), I would be happy to reload them to your OEM 1050 remote (or any other JP1 compatible remote) for free, you just have to pay shipping both ways.

In the alternative, if you have a Pronto remote ($250), you can download all 1050 codes (including a nice Outlaw logo) from the Remote Central site.

[This message has been edited by Kevin R. Anderson (edited February 13, 2002).]

#839 - 01/26/02 03:31 PM Re: Remote Code
potus Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: sarasota
Hey Gonk,

I have the Sony 2100 remote and just received the 1050, I have programmed the features i wanted, but the power button freezes up the remote. How did you program the amp on and off on the 2100?

thanks

gary

#840 - 01/26/02 05:09 PM Re: Remote Code
gonk Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by potus:
Hey Gonk,

I have the Sony 2100 remote and just received the 1050, I have programmed the features i wanted, but the power button freezes up the remote. How did you program the amp on and off on the 2100?

thanks

gary

I haven't had that problem with the power button. I have had problems with power-on macros involving other devices, where the remote would freeze for several seconds before actually trying to perform the action (and failing to then, I think). One thing that you may not have noticed yet in progamming the 2100 that I believe was part of my problem (horrid manual, by the way) -- when you are teaching it a button, it says to hold down the button and wait for the beep, but what it doesn't mention is that you should actually tap the button briefly and wait for the beep. If you hold it down the whole time (which I did for a bunch of buttons for my digital cable box before I got around to teaching it the 1050), a single brief press of the programmed key on the 2100 will transmit for several seconds because that's what it was taught.

I've also had some trouble with teaching it macros, but haven't really taken the time to track down the problem (I've got a "power on" macro working finally for the 1050, digital cable, and TV, but the "power off" macro fails miserably, I think because of some timing problems on the 2100's part). Hope that helps you some -- it's a nice remote, but definitely has some quirks.

------------------
Gonk

#841 - 01/26/02 05:32 PM Re: Remote Code
potus Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: sarasota
Gonk,

thanks after i posted the question, i tried again, i tried to teach it the power on when the 1050 was already on. I tried it when it was on standby and it works great.

I had a sony receiver and had program some macros, everything transferred fine.

#842 - 02/04/02 10:49 PM Re: Remote Code
youngguns Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Nunica, Michigan
cant eh 1050 remote controle remote lights and other ittems like that?

thanks

#843 - 02/04/02 11:05 PM Re: Remote Code
gonk Offline
Desperado

If you are trying to control lights and such around the house, you probably are thinking of something similar to X10. There are some setup codes under "home automation" in the 1050's manual that include X10, so I suspect that the answer is "yes" although I've never tried it.

------------------
Gonk

#844 - 02/04/02 11:15 PM Re: Remote Code
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Not sure exactly what you're asking, youngguns. Do you have remote operated room lights or something? The 1050 does not come equipped with a learning remote so unless the codes exist in the predefined library, which does include some home automation products, the answer is no.

#845 - 02/04/02 11:17 PM Re: Remote Code
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Leave it to gonk to post while I was rootin' around for my manual! At least we both came up with the same answer!

#846 - 02/11/02 05:56 PM Re: Remote Code
youngguns Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Nunica, Michigan
thanks for the help sorry for not getting around to thanking you soner

#847 - 02/13/02 12:57 AM Re: Remote Code
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Gary/Gonk
I have the 2100 and after spending 2 aftern. prog. did not want to give it up. I think you just answered my worry about the 950/770, if it works with the 1050, I will assume..

The 'freeze' prob. you both mention has NEVER occurred with mine, have you had your units awhile (mines about 13 months)? Maybe a quality control issue?

And Gonk forgive me, (I’m like the JH coach telling the pro how to fix his pitch) this is something you’ve probably already tried or not what your describing. (Miserable manual!!)
,…but on your macro off, if I remember when I did those codes, I found it was critical "what order" I did them in. Ex: if I had the TV 'power on', I needed next command to go to another unit before I had the TV switch 'sat on', If I didn’t separate these steps the TV was not capable of taking 2 commands in sequence, had to play with my order, of commands' to let each unit handle the timing on a few different issues like this, otherwise the macro could 'drop' a step or two.

#848 - 02/10/04 05:00 PM Re: Remote Code
TCBBQ Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: CANADA
yes I have lost my codes to control my unit and my remote is out of warranty dose your offer still stand about reprogramming this control
Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin R. Anderson:
You can program a Radio Shack 15-1994 remote, and other All-For-One remotes to fully control the Outlaw, however, it takes a little work.

Remove the battery cover on your 1050 remote, and you will notice a 6-pin plug that is also common to many Radio Shack and One-For-All remotes. By using the "JP1" interface (easy to build or you can purchase for $25) and a free program, you can copy the 1050 remote codes to your computer (or download 1050 remote codes from the JP1 site) and copy them to any other remote with the 6-pin interface.

Like I said, this takes a little work, but check out the JP1 site at http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/index.shtml and then check out discussions at http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-one4all/list.cgi and look for posts by "The Robman" who essentially invented the JP1 interface.

With the JP1 interface, you will also be amazed at how much programming you can do to the 1050 remote so it operates just about anything else in your system. If you love to tweak and want to eliminate multiple remotes, the JP1 interface can't be beat and it is a lot of fun.

If anyone loses the 1050 codes on their remote (and their unit is out of warranty), I would be happy to reload them to your OEM 1050 remote (or any other JP1 compatible remote) for free, you just have to pay shipping both ways.

In the alternative, if you have a Pronto remote ($250), you can download all 1050 codes (including a nice Outlaw logo) from the Remote Central site.

[This message has been edited by Kevin R. Anderson (edited February 13, 2002).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 223 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM