topper,

Nothing misleading with what you've said.

I too run multiple speakers (14 - includes 4 subs) in a 7.1 set-up. However I have taken care to use identical speakers for the front L/R (4 Koss CM1030), centre (2 Koss CM1020), and surrounds (4 Bose 301III). And since all speakers have either an amp channel or bridged power amp to themselves (along with an equalizer channel as well) I have the ability to both tailor the frequency response and relative output of every speaker. It takes a bit of time and effort, but when everything is in sync it works great.

I don't believe that this could be possible (at least not optimal) in a set-up where you are driving everything through a single receiver AND where you have mixed and matched speaker types / brands / models to the extent that you have.

That it sounds good to you is not in doubt; we usually all grow fond of the way our systems sound. But I think that you could improve on it if you were able to independently control and calibrate the level for each speaker - if you are going to keep using a multi-speaker set-up. But I still think that "negatives" of mixing speaker types is going to be hard to overcome - for a lot of reasons. It's just bit of unsolicited advice, but I'd consider taking either the Bose or JBLs out of action up front.

Regards.

Jeff Mackwood