Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#830 - 01/22/02 04:02 PM Re: I have changed my mind, I will not be getting the Outlaw 1050, sorry everyone.
Jay-1 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tampa, FL
Yep Gonk is right. Outlaw is shipping me another receiver and will check it out when it gets here. I've been spoiled by my Sony's Bass Boost button, but am hard to believe that without it, all receiver would sound like the 1st Outlaw I've received that did not have a warm bottom end sound. I'm not looking for 20-30hz frequencies here, but the Sony was noticeably lower sounding. Oh well this could start a whole new section of opinionated posts.. Better get out of here : )

#831 - 01/22/02 09:59 PM Re: I have changed my mind, I will not be getting the Outlaw 1050, sorry everyone.
bakkahead Offline
Gunslinger

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Thenotsonewguy:
...to me the only advantage the Outlaw had over the Onkyo and Harman Kardon is that it is 6.1 and I can't justify buying a receiver just because it has one extra channel.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just my 2¢, but I don't think the 6.1 is the biggest advantage of the Outlaw. There are many quality built products with comparable features including the Onkyo and Harmon Kardon. What set's Outlaw apart from it's competition is the way they support their products.

A friend of mine purchased a name brand receiver from one of the local volume electronics stores. About a month after he had it broke and since it was more than 30 days after he purchased it, the only option was to have it sent to the manufacturer's repair facility. Six weeks later he received someone else's CD player that was mixed up with his receiver and two weeks after that he finally got his receiver back.

During the two months my friend was without his receiver, something went wrong with my four month old 1050. I called Outlaw and spoke to a real person who helped me trouble shoot the problem. It was determined the unit should be sent back. I had a new 1050 at my door in less than 24 hours! My friend was sick with envy. He has vowed to take a serious look at Outlaw for his next purchase.

Good luck with which ever you decide on. I had an Onkyo TX-SV515 and just loved it. When it came time to replace it was a hard choice between a new Onkyo and the Outlaw. I tried the Outlaw because of the service and support I read about and was not disappointed.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 303 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM