Quote:
Originally posted by lotus_j:

I'd suggest buying the Sherwood Newcastle Pre-Pro and combining it with either the Sherwood Amp or the 7100 if you want to save money for NICE interconnects. Don't spend $2,500+ on equipment and then connect them together with Monster Cable products for instance. There are much better interconnects out there.

There's good advice here and above also. You don't have to buy the amp from the same company as the pre-pro. Outlaw really does have the best deals when it comes to multi-channel amps. Get the processor that suites your needs and then get a good amp. That's the advantage of seperates.

If you're still waiting, I would wait for the 1070. I have the 1050 and I haven't gotten around to upgrading the amplifier section yet. It provides good enough amplification on its own. But if you need more power, it does have pre-amp outs for that purpose. I think you might be surprised but just how powerful the 1070 will be. It might actually be enough for your needs and then you have more budget for other things, like better speakers.

Good luck!!