Sorry I have not posted any of my thoughts on my recent LCR(Cherry)purchase, because when I recieved the speaker it was around the holidays, and for me it is an insane time.

When I first recieved the speaker I was very pleased with the packaging, which I have come to expect from Outlaw. I am amazed with how heavy the speaker is for its small size. It is definitely a very solidly built cabinet, and I am very glad I chose the cherry finish because Outlaw does a great job of picking a high quality veneer. I work at a very small specialty lumber yard and I have seen many good and bad veneers. The terminals are very high quality, and the optianal bracket mounting spots are a nice extra, which could come in handy for many people.

Now for the sound, which blew me away. I honestly have nothing bad to say about the sound. I have always purchased B&W products in the past and have been very happy with them, especially with their tweeters. I have to say I like the highs comming from the LCR much more than my 685's or my prevous LCR60. I had to turn the center down 2 notches on the model 970 because the Outlaw LCR is so much more forward and bold sounding than my other speakers. Voices and center action noises in movies sound so much more detailed and pronounced than before.

The LCR is a little bit more expesive than I expected for an Outlaw product, but it is so worth every penny. I will stick with my B&W 685's as mains for now, because they are still a great sounding speaker and a great deal, but maybe sometime in the future I will consider purchasing either two more LCR's or a pair of the Outlaw bookshelf speakers.

I have a question for anyone out there. What I am wondering is if anyone has tried the Emotiva speaker cables. They look like very high quality speaker cables and are extremely affordable. I would purchase Outlaw speaker cables if they made them, but they don't. Gonk I do like the looks of your speaker cables. What brand are they, how much do they cost, and where did you purchase them? The only reason I want to replace the ones I am currently using is because they are getting old and have been moved so much I think the wire is getting weak where the end are terminated.