Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#82367 - 02/08/10 12:02 AM Question
titanium1 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

i have the 990 when i run my hdmi cables into dvi connectors 1 and 2 my cable works perfect through either one but my blu ray pic is pixelated and static looking while cutting out so just for shits i plugged it into the hdmi on the tv works fine what could be the problem?? thanks i went in and changed the settings and i just have rcas for the audio to the 990

#82368 - 02/08/10 08:55 AM Re: Question [Re: titanium1]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
It sounds like you could have a bad HDMI-to-DVI adapter.

#82378 - 02/08/10 11:35 PM Re: Question [Re: gonk]
titanium1 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

yep you were right. next question i just connected my att uverse motorola dvr and bluray player via optical audio cables and the bluray say no format and cable says not compatible?

Edited by titanium1 (02/08/10 11:37 PM)

#82380 - 02/09/10 07:50 AM Re: Question [Re: titanium1]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Quote:
i just connected my att uverse motorola dvr and bluray player via optical audio cables

For the DVR, optical is a good choice. For the Blu-ray, see if you have a multichannel analog output - if you do, you may want to experiment with it. What player do you have?
Quote:
the bluray say no format and cable says not compatible

Where do these error messages appear? Neither message sounds like anything I remember the Model 990 generating, so I'm guessing that it is happening at the sources.

#82381 - 02/09/10 09:38 AM Re: Question [Re: gonk]
titanium1 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

The blu Ray is a samsung BDP-1600 so I don't have multichannel outputs that message appears on my tv screen it says no signal no format but last night I changed the hdmi -dvi connectors and the nuts that go in to the 990 came off with the connectors on all 3 connections. No sure if that would have something to do with it maybe the connections were not tight so when I get home I'll try putting them back in and tightening them with a socket lightly? Bc when I would jiggle the plug I would get a picture but it was fuzzy????

#82383 - 02/09/10 12:13 PM Re: Question [Re: titanium1]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Quote:
The blu Ray is a samsung BDP-1600 so I don't have multichannel outputs

In that case, optical is the appropriate connection.
Quote:
that message appears on my tv screen it says no signal no format

That is likely not related to the optical connection at all. Either the player or the TV is producing that signal based on the video connection between them.
Quote:
but last night I changed the hdmi -dvi connectors and the nuts that go in to the 990 came off with the connectors on all 3 connections. No sure if that would have something to do with it maybe the connections were not tight so when I get home I'll try putting them back in and tightening them with a socket lightly? Bc when I would jiggle the plug I would get a picture but it was fuzzy????

It does sound like there is something physically happening with your DVI switching.

#82385 - 02/09/10 04:16 PM Re: Question [Re: titanium1]
EEman Offline
Desperado

Loc: Canton, MI
Originally Posted By: titanium1
but last night I changed the hdmi -dvi connectors and the nuts that go in to the 990 came off with the connectors on all 3 connections.

Either the nuts were loose or the HDMI-DVI connector screws were over-tightened. The good news is that they are both threaded the same way so if the screw stops turning you can be pretty certain that both the standoff nut and the connector were fully seated (assuming neither were cross threaded).

We see a lot of loose stand-offs at work. We either Loctite them back in, being careful not to slop Loctite, or we use a small wrench to hold the stand-off nut when removing the screw.

Finger tight plus a quarter turn is typically typically tight enough for the stand-offs.
LG 65" OLED
RR2150 w/Klipsch SCR-2

#82386 - 02/09/10 04:23 PM Re: Question [Re: EEman]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Quote:
We see a lot of loose stand-offs at work. We either Loctite them back in, being careful not to slop Loctite, or we use a small wrench to hold the stand-off nut when removing the screw.

I've lost count of the number of monitors and video cards around the office I've seen with loose stand-offs on the VGA connections.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
REP, caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward
8714 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 2
scoooter 2
Veeper 1
Forum Stats
8,714 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,330 Topics