Sorry, I was not aware that the A2 would not pass lossless audio. Not a big deal as I only have 5 or 6 HD DVDs.

I was placing standard DVDs in the A2, but I cannot get the 886 to play it in dolby digital.

I also have the Sony Jukebox and the 886 does recognize the dolby digital and DTS soundtracks.

I also use my PS3 (slim) for Standard and Blu Ray DVD, and the 886 will output Dolby Digital, DTS and the lossless.

The DirecTv HD DVR that I have also puts out dolby digital and the 886 plays that as well.

I have my daughter play the movies that she likes on the A2, but I use it at times as well. But usually I use the PS3 or the Jukebox.

All 4 of these sources are connected by HDMI.

I currently have a 5.1 speaker set up, but hopefully I will be connecting two rear surrounds for a 7.1 system soon. I have had the speakers for the 2 rears for almost 3 years, and I have no excuse for not installing them. frown
Panasonic TC-P65S1 65" Plasma HDTV, Marantz AV 8801 Preamp, Outlaw 7700 Amp, Klipsch RF7 (X-over dean G modded) RC7 (X-over Dean G modded) RS7 CDT-5800C speakers, Outlaw LFM1 EX Subwoofer, Oppo BDP-93, B & O Turntable, Toshiba HD-A2, Sony CD & DVD 400 disc jukeboxes, DirecTV HD-DVR, PS2, PS3, Wii, Harmony one remote, Monster PowerBar 1200 for the TV, sub, PS3, HD DVD and Wii, Tripp Lite Isolation Bar for the Amp, Pre-Amp and other sources.