I just did a reboot on my 886 and I am still trying to complete the initial set up. The issue I am having is getting the listening mode preset set right.

For example, I have a Toshiba HD A2 HD-DVD player connected to my 886 via HDMI, and it is input "Aux 1" on the 886.

In the "listening Mode Preset", chapter 5.1 on the on screen menu, there are several selections to choose. Here is what I currently have it set to;

Analog/PCM........Direct
Dolby Digital......Dolby Digital
DTS......DTS

However, when I put in a dvd (regular, not HD) the sound is output in "multi".

When I put in the HD DVD of "Troy", which does have Dolby True HD, I cannot get the 886 to recognize the lossless audio track.

When I put in the Blu Ray John Mayer, "Where the Light Begins" in my PS3, I am able to have the 886 recognize the Lossless audio on the 886.

The only difference in the listening mode preset I can see is I am able to select PLX as an option with analog/PCM.

How can I get the 886 to simply play Dolby Digital or DTS, let alone Dolby True?

Edited by cp1966 (02/01/10 11:28 AM)
Panasonic TC-P65S1 65" Plasma HDTV, Marantz AV 8801 Preamp, Outlaw 7700 Amp, Klipsch RF7 (X-over dean G modded) RC7 (X-over Dean G modded) RS7 CDT-5800C speakers, Outlaw LFM1 EX Subwoofer, Oppo BDP-93, B & O Turntable, Toshiba HD-A2, Sony CD & DVD 400 disc jukeboxes, DirecTV HD-DVR, PS2, PS3, Wii, Harmony one remote, Monster PowerBar 1200 for the TV, sub, PS3, HD DVD and Wii, Tripp Lite Isolation Bar for the Amp, Pre-Amp and other sources.