Jeff, I see you a lot on the AVS Forum. I don't Post much over there only Read. The Big thing the firmware upgrade does for me, is to enable the Remote funtions on the Harmony remotes. It supposedly also Fixes some Video problems, Stops the shut down, and lock up, requiring a hard reset while running Audysey SetUp. Enables Audysey Pro use if you have the Kit and keys. Increases stability of the Unit in General. A lot of the Guys have said in post's that if your not having any problems and it is doing all that you need or want, there is no need to upgrade. I have been one to keep firmware current on all my equipment, for whatever reason and I would have liked to do the same here. I wished that Outlaw would have made sure that they were shipped with the latest firmware before shipping. That way coming from a Authorized Onkyo Dealer there would be No possible problems down line, and Onkyo saying it was caused by the consumer not doing the firmware up-date correctly, for whatever the problem may be. I know that Outlaw is busy and SCOTT is about as good of a Person as you would ever want to Deal with, I just got excited when Jennifer sent the email out to another member say that they would all come with 1.05. I am not Bitching, just disappointed and feeling a little unlucky. I guess that if the unit runs flawless as long as I have it, that alone is a Blessing.
I hooked the unit up yesterday, I have not Run Audysey yet, that is today. It did sound good going thru the Balanced connections, in PURE mode from my AYON CD-1 CDP.