Quote:
Originally posted by Noah:
I guess I misinterpreted.

The trickling part is right, but when to me "are shipping" means I can order one from a dealer's stock, and that's not the case but is supposed to have been.

Peter Tribeman saying "we and Sherwood Newcastle continue to move ahead through the minefield of software/firmware challenges" sure doesn't sound encouraging.

Yes, I'm Noah Katz.
Well Noah, it sounds like we really aren't that far apart on this. There was another thread where people were bashing SN pretty roughly -- and I agree they deserve it.

Two years of [fill in the blank] nothing and even now more promising than delivering -- or at least that's my interpretation.

Out of the gates with a limp and a whimper.

I have been very very close numerous times to just go in another direction altogether because it is so hard to have faith in SN after such a debacle.

Still, the Trinnov option strikes me -- and I admit, not having heard it this remains a leap of faith on my part -- as one of the few products to really differentiate itself.

IMO they've been penny wise and pound foolish. The money should have been spent on a top shelf software/firmware team and gotten this out over a year ago and possibly stood alone as an option for some.

The receiver option would have been fine for me, but I am crossing my fingers and taking another leap of faith that the Outlaw implementation will be a better choice.

I am standing by, cash in hand, albeit reluctantly.

Finally coming to market now, in this economy, where people are going to be tight, is bound to be an uphill struggle. I hope this doesn't turn into a Pioneer plasma debacle for any party concerned.