Sherwood's launch approach does seem curious to me, but since they go through a dealer network instead of internet-direct I guess there are some inevitably different pressures on Sherwood compared to what I'm more used to seeing from Outlaw, OPPO Digital, or other online distribution approaches.
Quote:
Peter Tribeman saying "we and Sherwood Newcastle continue to move ahead through the minefield of software/firmware challenges" sure doesn't sound encouraging.
Just my opinion, but I'll go out on a limb and say that Peter's not going to do anything to generate unrealistic expectations on a release date. I'd expect a healthy dose of caution because he knows how easy it is for little things (much less big things) to interfere with a planned roll-out. Better to under-promise (and, barring major intervention by Mr. Murphy, over-deliver) than to over-promise or otherwise feed the anticipation (which will grow suitably intense all by itself, I suspect) and get burned by a last-minute snag that you have to stop and fix.

Every time I think about this, I'm reminded of the current state of affairs at AV123, where they started mentioning the mantra "under-promise and over-deliver" some time last year but continue to repeatedly set and miss deadlines for new products, product fixes, and delivery of pre-purchased products. It has led them to shut down their online forum for the last six months and counting to try to manage the negative reactions.