I also have bought products from both Outlaw and Emotiva. I love the 990 I bought in march..it works and sounds great and the system I use it in is almost entirely for music...so the lack of HDMI switching is not an issue.

At the time I bought that I also wanted something WITH full hdmi capabilities for my main home theater system. Since neither Outlaw nor Emotiva had one available, I went with the Integra dhc 9.9 which WAS immediately available from a local high end dealer I have been dealing with for 30 years.

We all have and had the choice to buy something that was already available, or wait for Outlaw or Emotiva to bring their new generation processors to market.

I am totally comfortable buying from Outlaw as well as Emotiva. They both make fine products at great prices and are backed by excellent customer support.

My decision to buy the Integra 5 months ago was the correct one for me at that time. I needed something that worked well and that I could actually buy then. The Integra fulfilled both.

The 997 and the UMC1 are both real close to being available now. That's a good thing for consumers as there will now be more competition in the market. I like having more to choose from.
Emotiva XPA-1 (2), XPA-5
(2) Threshold S200's
Thiel 3.6 main speakers
(2)Velodyne F1500r subs
Polk RTI28 surrounds
B&W HTM center
OPPO BDP-83 universal player
Samsung HLT6187 led DLP