I own both Outlaw and Emotiva products. I have experienced cosmetic flaws on products from both companies. Although, I must say the customer service on taking care of the problem was far better with Emotiva than with Outlaw. I am very pleased with the performance of equipment from both firms. I still recommend both companies to my friends.

That said, I will continue to buy products made in China. Obviously, the main advantage is the price/performance value. My Outlaw sub is visually beautiful and sounds great at an excellent price. My Emotiva amp and speakers are an exceptionally amazing value. I understand that the quality control issues can be a hassle for anyone doing their product manufacturing in China. Staying on top of the QC issue is a top priority.

The last prime lens I bought under the Nikon brand was assembled in China (although I understand the optics were made in Japan). My Chinese made Benro tripod, a copy of Gitzo, is an very excellent piece of equipment at 1/3 the price of the Gitzo. My Oppo DMP-83 universal player was assembled in China.

I am aware of the ideological and ethical objections to Chinese operations and politics. Our own country has not been devoid of such problems in the past.

I also understand the frustrations of buyers waiting for the long promised introduction of products from both Outlaw and Emotiva. To me, the cost savings and the excellent performance levels are well worth the wait. I'm sure the management from both firms gains a lot of maturity in the product introduction and delivery timeframe with each delay.

I am on the wait list for the XMC-1 pre/pro and I contiue to be patient. My wallet is in agreement.